Swidget 1.0

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Night of Champions report card


Here is my report card for Night of Champions. It was a night full of surprises and one I feel that had several stand out moments. Here are my predictions matched against the actual winners.



WWE Championship
Randy Orton (c) vs Triple H vs John Cena

My prediction: Randy Orton
Winner: Randy Orton

World Heavyweight Championship
CM Punk (c) vs Jeff Hardy

My prediction: CM Punk
Winner: Jeff Hardy

ECW Championship
Tommy Dreamer (c) vs Christian

My prediction; Tommy Dreamer
Winner: Christian

Intercontinental Championship
Rey Mysterio (c) vs Dolph Ziggler

My prediction: Rey Mysterio
Winner: Rey Mysterio

United States Championship 6 Pack Challenge
Kofi Kingston (c) vs MVP vs The Miz vs Carlito vs Primo vs Jack Swagger

My prediction: Kofi Kingston
Winner: Kofi Kingston

Divas Championship Match
Maryse (c) vs Mickie James

My prediction: Maryse
Winner: Mickie James

Women's Championship Match
Michelle McCool (c) vs Melina

My prediction: Michelle McCool
Winner: Michelle McCool

Unified Tag Team Championship
Chris Jericho and The Big Show (c) vs Legacy

My prediction: Chris Jericho and The Big Show
Winner: Chris Jericho and The Big Show

My score: 5/8: Like I blogged earlier it was hard to predict in several of these for me, usually it's not this difficult. I never intended to predict that no title would change hands, I think that would be of course naive, I tried to take it on a match by match basis. Better Luck at Hard Justice I suppose.


*****
This post brought to you by the one and only Wrestling Dweeb. As always comments and e-mails are welcomed and encouraged. Simply click on the e-mail icon in the sidebar, or hit reply to any blog message you see to let your feelings be heard. Or you can simply click under each blog and do a quick vote how you felt about the blog. We also welcome submissions and suggestions so if you have any wrestling stories, memories, questions for me, discussions you'd like to begin, or ideas for our Diva Du Jour everything you wish to submit is welcome and I will use as much fan submissions as I can.
*****

No comments:

Post a Comment