Swidget 1.0

Monday, August 10, 2009

Diva Du Jour for Monday 08-10-2009







That's right Chyna! Sure since she left pro-wrestling back in 2001 she's been a bit controversial. There was that whole breakdown thing on The Surreal Life, the sex tape with Sean Waltman, and various rumors of her drug use and being in and out of rehab. But I don't think any of that should take away for what Chyna meant to wrestling. She was one of the first truly strong women of the ring. She didn't just stand by and fuss and moan when her man got beat up. Instead Chyna got in the ring with the men and kicked their ass like one of the boys. Is she going to be a hall of famer soemday? I seriously doubt it but from a history stand point she's got my vote. First woman to enter the Royal Rumble. Then she was the first woman to do it twice. First woman Intercontinental Champion. And of course, the first lady of Degeneration X. These days for tough wrestling ladies you get ODB and Beth Phoenix. Sure they're all tough in their own way but if we're talking just badass ladies, that's about the list. At least the list as far as I can name it now. You can feel free to comment and correct me if you feel I am wrong. For my money Chyna's accomplishments in the ring should not be overshadowed by controversy out of it.

*****
This post brought to you by the one and only Wrestling Dweeb. As always comments and e-mails are welcomed and encouraged. Simply click on the e-mail icon in the sidebar, or hit reply to any blog message you see to let your feelings be heard. Or you can simply click under each blog and do a quick vote how you felt about the blog. We also welcome submissions and suggestions so if you have any wrestling stories, memories, questions for me, discussions you'd like to begin, or ideas for our Diva Du Jour everything you wish to submit is welcome and I will use as much fan submissions as I can.
*****

No comments:

Post a Comment