Swidget 1.0

Monday, August 17, 2009

Seriously, last week's RAW, what the fuck?





Okay I've had a week to sit and stew about this. Last week's RAW had to be one of the worst shows they have put on this year. In all fairness I was half asleep when I watched it but from what people have said on the net about it, it certainly doesn't seem that much was missed on my part from being unable to be fully awake when I saw it. I did take some notes and will share those with you now.

First the positive.

The opening match was Beth Phoenix vs Alicia Fox.vs Kelly Kelly, vs Gail Kim in a #1 contenders match for the Diva's Title. This was a solid match. The action was good, it took the right amount of time and it even made all 4 competitors look like strong contenders to the title. This is not only awesome to see in a multi-person match such as this but it is also a rarity. Hands down this was my favorite match of the night. The sad part was that considering Chris Jericho was in action it was only a distant second to this for me.



The talk piece that started the show with WWE Champion Randy Orton and the #1 contender John Cena with Cena telling Orton that he "270 pounds of problem staring you right in the face", was a great piece. I bought Cena's emotion and really believed he's had enough of Randy Orton's bs and was ready to do something about. This brings out the Unified Tag Team Champions Chris Jericho and The Big Show (Jerishow?) to announce that they both had individual singles matches against them (Orton against Show and Y2J against Cena). This segment I think to a degree was something special, because you had 4 former world champions all in the ring at the same time. All four of them have their own respective resumes. All four of them do great interviews, in my opinion. However, this segment dragged on way too long and I felt not only my interest in it, but also felt all the emotion they had built it up with was completely drained out by the time it was over. I haven't wanted a segment to end as badly as that since the first Abraham Washington Show.

Remember kids, those were the positive comments. Now here's where I get to ask the big question:

Seriously RAW: What the fuck?!



The Calgary Kid vs Eugene? Great I was actually happy to see Eugene. Little disappointed that Mr. Dinsmore didn't get to be himself but hey I've always been a Eugene fan and appreciate the comic relief. I even thought he and Hornswoggle could have some classic moments. Instead it turns into a lame ass match, and a lame ass excuse for The Miz to return to RAW. I agree with other bloggers who have said Miz could have had better feuds back in ECW or on Smackdown. Sorry Eugene, maybe another time.

MVP vs Chris Masters. Nice rematch but either their heart wasn't in it or mine wasn't. But it seemed that they were just going through the motions. However it was nice to see MVP pick up a win, it does seem like it's been a while.

Swagger vs Evan Bourne. I'm a big Bourne fan. Have been since his debut match. I'd heard about this kid for a long time and it was exciting to finally see him in action. However I hate Jack Swagger. How much so? I'd rather watch Cody Deaner *shudder*. Swagger is boring. Boring on the mic, boring in the ring, boring in appearance. He reminds me of the brother of an ex-girlfriend and trust me that doesn't help his case any. Christian hit it on the head when he called him a "dork". Looks like MVP vs Swagger will happen. Too bad I don't care. Especially since I think MVP will get buried. Pity really. MVP came out debuting on RAW after the draft looking really strong against Randy Orton. I thought it would be only a matter of time before MVP got his title shot, which he never did. Hell Mark Henry pinned Randy Orton his first night on the show and never got his shot. I guess we're just supposed to ignore these facts..

But none of these left as bad a taste in my mouth, as this gentleman.



WWE Hall of Famer, former WWE champion Sgt. Slaughter! Ten-hut maggot!

I was so excited when I heard he was hosting RAW. Someone who wouldn't take Orton's abuse as Piven had done the week prior. I thought hell he and Randy could have a match together and though Orton would have won Slaughter could kick some ass for old times sake. It would have been great. Instead all we get is him insulting Canada's flag, Jillian Hall's awful singing and a tease of Bret Hart. Such a fucking waste of Slaughter.

RAW seriously what the fuck?

Slaughter is better than this. The entire roster is better than this. Okay Swagger isn't but the rest of them are. Summerslam is this Sunday. You have to really sell this show, we're not going to shell out the big money for this big show based on it's name and history. You have to really drive it home to us that we cannot miss this show. ECW and Smackdown had great offerings this week but RAW did less than phone it in. So come on! Kick it up a few hundred notches and go all out. This is your last chance RAW to really convince me that Summerslam is worth the money and that RAW isn't completely going down the shitter. At least tonight's guest host is at least someone with a lot of charmisa who deserves to be on tv.



Aw hell.

*****
This post brought to you by the one and only Wrestling Dweeb. As always comments and e-mails are welcomed and encouraged. Simply click on the e-mail icon in the sidebar, or hit reply to any blog message you see to let your feelings be heard. Or you can simply click under each blog and do a quick vote how you felt about the blog. We also welcome submissions and suggestions so if you have any wrestling stories, memories, questions for me, discussions you'd like to begin, or ideas for our Diva Du Jour everything you wish to submit is welcome and I will use as much fan submissions as I can.
*****

No comments:

Post a Comment