Swidget 1.0

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Some thoughts on TNA




Another pay per view has come and gone and I thought I'd chime in with a few thoughts of my own.

I thought the show was okay. It neither stank out loud nor was it exceptional. They've done better but I've seen them do much, much worse. Basically put I saw this show for free and got my money worth. It did however leave me with some questions in my mind and this being my blog I thought I would share them with the world. So here I go.



Cody Deaner. God fucking why? I hate everything about this character. He is by far not only the worst thing in TNA but perhaps all of wrestling. I would rather watch an hour of Abraham Washington's lame-ass attempts than have to hear "giver" one more time. His character, lame. The way he was brought into the company, lame. The fanny pack, it's a little funny. But only a little. You know Larry The Cable Guy is a very funny guy but I wouldn't make him a wrestler, and neither should have TNA. And now he's looking like the TNA Knockouts Champion? You know Andy Warhol may have once said that everybody gets their 15 minutes of fame. Clearly not all are worthy. I'd say Mr. Deaner just passed the 14 minute and 35 second mark on his 15 minutes. There is a reason why in my daily life a "Deaner" has come to mean all things awful and lame. They should be ashamed of themselves in regards to all things Deaner. From the awful "win a date with ODB" (or whatever it was called) right down to "giver" right down again to what happened tonight at Hard Justice.



I don't know if there is a superstar who has had as much push lately than Hernandez. A very surprising, but deserved, win over Samoa Joe a few weeks back and he got the briefcase back tonight at Hard Justice. Personally I think that aspect of it was stupid. The briefcase didn't belong to The British Invasion, it was Hernandez's. He was (and is) the recognized owner of the case and therefore some authority figure should have stepped in and taken it back long before now. Nobody even tried. Sure Jarrett is out minding personal business and Foley is busy of his own the last few weeks (more on that in a bit) but ladies and gentlemen there is Jim Cornette. One of the strongest authority personalities TNA has ever had. Is he even still in the company? I'm not even sure but I almost hope he isn't just because I hate how they've been not even using such an awesome presence such as Jim Cornette. The moments he shared with Mick Foley when he first showed up. Priceless. But back to my idea about Hernandez. Great you've given him 2 big profile wins over 2 of the biggest guys in the company. Now what? Will he trade in his shot against Kurt Angle? Does anyone think TNA will give Hernandez the world title ? Time will tell I suppose. Can anyone tell me what "Te Gusto or no" means? Am I even spelling this right?



I ain't go nothing bad to say about the DNA of TNA. Matt Morgan is simply put, my favorite TNA performer. He's got the look, he's got the charisma, he's got the IT factor. I've said it for 2 years now that Morgan should be the face of the company. He could be that memorable superstar like The Rock or Stone Cold. The kind of guy who when his music hits you know someone is about to get hurt. Putting him in the main event of a pay per view for the world title, that's a great step in the right direction. Morgan has proved himself in big match situations before and I think it is time for Dixie Carter and company to give him the ball and not only sees how far he runs with it but how much ass he kicks along the way.



I had my money wrong. Twice. First I picked Foley to win. Foolish perhaps but I'm a die hard Foley fan so I can never really bet against him even when I suspect he will lose. Secondly I thought that this match would steal the show. In my eyes that honor goes to Team 3D vs Steiner and Booker. In no way is that fight over. But Mick. He continues to work his ass off to still try to be the best and I love and respect that about him. And what happened with his eye, that was just sick. You want the definition of a legend, Mick and Nash. Damn right!



So you've lost your knockouts title and pinned someone in a meaningless four way match. Tara do you even care about your career? Seriously? You need to get back in the ring and kick someones ass, even if it's Deaner. Okay especially Deaner. But actually use some of that momentum that you had in TNA once upon a time instead of letting it fizzle out.



And finally, Kurt Angle. I must say I am surprised. Not by the fact that he tried to get Morgan to help him in the show, but the fact that Angle even made it to the show. Angle was in jail as recently as a couple of days ago. Stalking his girlfriend to the point of standing outside of a coffee shop making her nervous so that she had to call the cops. People weren't even sure he would be at the show, I didn't even know of his arrest until just before the show so I didn't have time to report on it myself. I'll try to have more information in the coming days. I would just think that maybe a title change would be in order to take some heat off the company. Sting is retiring after Bound for Glory so going out the World Champion not a bad deal for him. And of course my main man Matt Morgan has all the momentum right now and definitely would have done great things as the champion and will do great things as the champion when he gets that strap. So Kurt whatever it is you think you're doing. Stop. Focus on what you do best, wrestling. And for those of you not in the know, Kurt Angle's girlfriend, the one he is stalking and the one that called the cops on him is none other than Rhaka Khan. No joke.

*****
This post brought to you by the one and only Wrestling Dweeb. As always comments and e-mails are welcomed and encouraged. Simply click on the e-mail icon in the sidebar, or hit reply to any blog message you see to let your feelings be heard. Or you can simply click under each blog and do a quick vote how you felt about the blog. We also welcome submissions and suggestions so if you have any wrestling stories, memories, questions for me, discussions you'd like to begin, or ideas for our Diva Du Jour everything you wish to submit is welcome and I will use as much fan submissions as I can.
*****

No comments:

Post a Comment